Sunday, August 3, 2014

5 Things I Miss The Most About Life Before a Baby

When you have a baby, your whole life changes. Here's 5 things I miss the most about life before a baby.

Number 5 - Being able to go anywhere I want, whenever I want
Babies are super inconvenient. If I want to go anywhere without Dahlia, I have to find someone to watch her. Or, I have to change my plans. For instance, last month, we were going to take her to the movies. She was four months old, but very quiet. I knew she would just enjoy the movie and not make noise. We were going to see A Million Ways to Die in the West at around 10PM. We got up to the box office and they wouldn't let us purchase tickets to that movie because it was rated R and apparently you can't take children under 10 into rated Rs after like 6PM or something. So, we saw X-men and it was awful.

Number 4 - My Body
Granted, I never looked like the woman in the picture to the left, but I wasn't fat (even though I thought I was, why do women do that?). I went to the beach yesterday and wore a t-shirt most of the time because I didn't like my stomach. Not only do I have all this "baby fat," but I've got awful stretch marks. I mean, my stomach looks like Freddy Kruger's. Why hasn't science made a better remedy for stretch marks?





Number 3 - Sleep
Oh man, sleep. I miss sleep. I could sleep for 14 hours straight. Now, I can get maybe 6. Although, Dahlia did sleep through the night for the first time last night, fingers crossed that it wasn't just because she was tired from the beach!




Number 2 - Doing Whatever I Want
This one kind of ties in with number 5, but I'm more talking about taking a shower whenever I feel like it, not having to plan it around when she's sleeping. Or getting REALLY drunk just because. Now, I can only get a little tipsy. Or, even something as simple as lighting a stick of incense in the house. Before I do anything, I've got to think about how it will affect the baby.






Number 1 - Not Being Bothered in Public
I'm the type of person that does not like to be approached by strangers. I don't like being talked to and especially don't like being touched. A five-foot radius around me in a public space is perfect. But, with a baby, people are constantly coming up to you. It's like, just because you procreated, you're automatically assumed to be social. No. I liked one person enough to have sex with them, that doesn't make me a social butterfly and it definitely doesn't mean I want to talk to you about my baby. And people will ask you questions, "How old is she?" "How much does she weigh?" blah blah blah. It makes you want to scream,"Do you want to know how and when she was conceived, too!?!" Seriously. Why do strangers care about other strangers' babies?


So, that's the five things I miss the most. Can you think of anything I forgot? Please, comment below and don't hesitate to share this!


2 comments:

  1. Can't really speak to most of these. However, I think I can offer a theory for the last bit. You are in possession of something many people want - a baby. Like having the lastest coolest gadget, everyone just has to step over and have a look. Since Dahlia is cute, she is like a magnet to people who want kids. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very true! I didn't really think of it like that lol

    ReplyDelete