Sunday, October 12, 2014

I'm Still Alive!

     
Hey everyone, sorry for my absence. A few days turned into a month before I knew it! So, this is just an update post to get back into the groove of things. Dahlia is a little terror now. She's got two teeth in already and two more about to break through. She tears up the house in her walker and has all the animals living in fear. She's also been sleeping through the night for a while and is on a pretty tight schedule. We started her on baby food about a month ago and she's doing really well. Surprisingly, vegetables are her favorite, but she isn't very fond of fruit. I've also noticed that she no longer blindly trusts me. Instead of just opening her mouth for the spoon, she now taste-tests everything on the tip of her tongue before she'll eat it. She likes those little Gerber Graduates puffs, especially. I would say 80% of my day is spent picking those up from the floor.We're getting all geared up for Halloween and I think she's enjoying it (though it's hard to tell in an almost 8 month old). We got her costume the other night, she's going to be a pink bunny. I got bunny ears, as well, so we'll match! We also carved pumpkins. I got a giant one for Ben and me and a tiny one for her. I actually managed to carve the tiny one, too. She seemed to like looking at them all lit up.
      In other news, we recently left her with a friend to babysit for the first time. We went to see ICP and Three 6 Mafia, so we were gone for a few hours. About 2 or 3 hours in, I texted to see if everything was all right. She said Dahlia was being a little fussy. I had figured she would've been asleep by then (like I said, tight schedule), but she was very much awake. Our friend is about eight months pregnant and it was late, so we asked Ben's mom if she would go pick Dahlia up. We get home about two hours later and Dahlia is still awake, fussing. She finally went to sleep a few minutes after we got home, but now her schedule is all messed up. Keeping her awake hasn't seemed to get her back on track, so I'm kind of just hoping she'll just work it out herself. Any moms have advice on this?
    Well, thanks for coming back and (hopefully) forgiving me for my hiatus! I'll try to post somewhat regularly again, you just get into slumps sometimes, ya know?

1 comment: